It has been a couple of weeks since I put anything on this blog because of family commitments although I have been able to continue doing some things in the work room. These photos are not in the correct order but they do show my experiments with printing from glass. The third photo is actually the beginning of the process. It shows some squares of silk (of various types of silk) that I dyed with procion dyes. I used three colours, a green, violet and magenta and painted the dye on. I then joined them together on the sewing machine.
The first picture shows the piece after I mixed some acrylic paint (with textile medium) onto a glass plate and then placed the fabric on top of the plate allowing the paint to form a random pattern on the silk. I then left this to dry. The second picture shows the piece after I repeated this process with second and third colours randomly placed on the glass plate and each left to dry between colours
I really like the effect on fabric but it also works really well on the papers I make and tomorrow I will show pictures of my more recent paperart works.