Tuesday 18 March 2008

My watercolour papers




These three pictures show my own ideas of making papers. These were done by using a piece of watercolour paper. I put a water colour wash across the surface using three colours, yellow, green and purple. While it was wet I sprinkled some rock salt across the surface. While it was still wet I splashed dollops of very wet paint in the colours already used. I then let it dry and removed the salt, then stamped it and sprinkled embossing powder across the stamp and heated it with the heat gun. Finally, I put a very light and wet wash in carmine red across the surface. I really like the finished item

8 comments:

Doreen G said...

What can I say Suzanne your work keeps getting better all the time--maybe some of it will rub off onto me.

Pat said...

Oh wow, I've just been sent here by Doreen, you are going on my bloglines immediately. These are just beautiful

Purple Missus said...

I was pointed in this direction by Doreen too :)
What lovely work you have on here.
All these experiments - a gal after my own heart.
Its been a pleasure reading your blog and I look forward to more of the same.

Janet said...

These papers are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Stunning results, thanks to Doreen for pointing out your blog

Laurence said...

On Solange's blog, I discovered your blog. Your creations are very beautiful and I like very much your blog.
Laurence

Micki said...

Love the results of this. Found you through a comment you left on Carol M's blog. Love your work. Adding you to my blogroll.

Anonymous said...

See here or here